Liability The 'Mammal Conservation Web Site' links to external web sites in the hope that users will find reference material on mammal-related subjects. However links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by the owner of the 'Mammal Conservation Web Site'. Because those sites cannot be controlled, we cannot be held responsible for the content or use of sites and documents.
We cannot be held responsible for the validity of the information content or the information sources. There is only a control on use and information value. When you become aware of errors, misinformation or misuse, it would be helpful to be informed about it immediately. The same counts for "dead end" and other bad links and other faults concerning the use of this site.
Privacy and Security
1. The information presented on the 'Mammal Conservation Web Site' is available from directly accessible web sites and digital information sources published on the internet. To secure accessibility it may be possible that the information is also (temporary) placed an our own server, although referring to the original information source. In both cases this does not mean that the information is public and may be distributed or copied freely - certainly not for commercial use. Use of appropriate credits is always requested.
2. This site contains several cookies. A cookie is a very small text file that is placed on your hard drive by the server of a web page you visit. It is an individual label, which identifies you as a visitor. It cannot deliver viruses. You can always delete them from you hard disk or set your settings in a way your permission is asked first or installation is refused in all cases. Some of our cookies are generated automatically by the software we used to create parts of the site. Others are simply used to save time by automatically filling in any forms that you have already filled in. If you want to change any details you can simply type over any text.
3. For site management, information collected at the 'Mammal Conservation Web Site' is used only for statistical purposes. Our computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest and identifying system performance or problem areas. No attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
4. We do not sell, trade or rent information to others. Information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required by law.
5. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
6. To exchange information in a save way you will be required to register before you can send, post or access parts of the site. We will use this information only to check reliability, to know the source of the information, to ask for additional information or to fulfil an enquiry. Registration is entirely voluntary. However if you do not wish to register, you will be unable to post information on the web site, to send an enquiry or to access restricted areas. Unauthorized attempts to up- or download information or change information on these services are strictly prohibited.
7. All improper and illegal use may be punishable and will be pursued according to Belgian and/or European legislation.
8. By visiting this and other web pages, you expressly agree to be bound by terms and conditions of the site. You agree that you will not use the site for any unlawful activity, or use it in any way that would violate the terms and conditions mentioned or prohibited by national and international laws.
9. If you have any questions or comments about this notification, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of communication forums
The 'Mammal Conservation Web Site' has or will contain threaded discussions and other communication forums to exchange information. By participating in any of these, users agree to send and receive messages that are both proper and related to the forum topic. Also, you agree to use any forum at your own risk and to accept the risk of any information exchange. The following actions are prohibited:
1. Defaming, harassing, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights of other users and informants, including their privacy.
2. Misrepresenting the knowledge, expertise or capability of others or discredit one's person.
3. Posting or sending any defamatory, wrong, false or unlawful material using this web site.
4. Selling, advertising, or exchanging any goods or services unless expressly allowed.
5. Posting any copyrighted material or non-public information owned by a third party without permission on paper by the owner of the material or information and without mentioning the authors name.
While championing proper use of such forums, we cannot guarantee that violations of the above code will not occur.